Friday, February 25, 2011

Challenges

Tonight my mom and I looked at flight prices.
I don't know which country I'm going to yet.
So we looked at pricing for all three.

My mom is afraid of flying itself.
So when she discovered I would have to stop in other airports...
She didn't like that idea.

We looked at direct flights.
One of them would cost $3,000
She then started making airports sound...

Complicated.
Scary.
Dangerous.
Confusing.

I called my dad since he flies all the time.
He's not afraid of it.
And let me tell you, everything my mom freaked me out about...
Wasn't really anything scary at all...

My dad made everything sound very simple.
After talking to my older cousin on Facebook who has traveled...
She explained to me that I will be fine, the airport I would stop in is OK.

After getting all nervous and second thinking whether I want to do this trip.
I thought about it...

Isn't my biggest goal right now to be Fearless?

If I get on a plane, and I have to stop somewhere...

I think it will be fun to push myself to new limits to accomplish this.
When I reach my destination, I can say to myself, "I did it."
I will have a host family waiting for me overseas.

I think that's the most incredible feeling in the world.

A family out there wants to host someone like me.

I'm excited. :)

3 comments: